Built on values that
have stood the test of time.
The Blundstone Group operates according to a set of values that ensures legal, ethical and responsible policies, practices and processes are always adopted and put into practice throughout the company.
OUR STATED VALUES ARE:
- FAMILY - Our people are the driving force of our business. We care for, respect and value the diverse group who are a part of our family;
- CUSTOMER - Our mission is to listen to, understand and deliver on the needs, wants and expectations of our consumers and our customers;
- COMMUNITY - We are proud to be an active, positive and contributing member of our communities, locally and around the globe, today and for future generations;
- DESIGN - We are committed to designing innovative, quality, honest products, services and experiences that are fit for purpose;
- INTEGRITY - We always seek to do the right thing: to behave ethically; to act with integrity; and to minimise our impact on the environment.
The Blundstone Group fully supports and complies with the industry code of practice designed to prevent exploitation of home-based labor.
The Group also ensures that neither we nor our suppliers exploit adult or child labor.
Blundstone's history is closely linked with the social and industrial development of our island state from colonial times. We are conscious of our heritage and our responsibility to our environment and community.
Tasmania is internationally renowned for the high quality of its natural environment, including one of the last-remaining temperate wilderness areas of significant size, and standards of air and water quality which are global benchmarks. These assets are of intrinsic value to us, and underpin our future quality of life.
Our company is committed to the policies of sustainable development which are shaping the agricultural, industrial and commercial profile of our state. Blundstone pursues development policies which are evaluated with reference to environmental considerations. We maximize our use of recycled and recyclable materials in our manufacture and packaging. We minimize the use of raw material, chemicals and fossil fuels.
We conform, and where possible exceed, all federal, state and local government regulations and encourage our suppliers to do likewise.
Blundstone Australia Pty. Ltd is committed to ensuring that the people making our product are employed ethically and are free from exploitation. At a local level, this means that employment standards within our partners meet or exceed the minimum government-prescribed standards in the country of operation.
Blundstone has valued partners around the world. For partners we have direct relationships with, we classify them as tier-one footwear partners or tier-one partners. For partners that supply our tier-one partners, and where we do not have a direct relationship, we classify as tier-two.
Blundstone takes a proactive approach to satisfying itself that the standard is maintained. This is achieved through a variety of means:
- third-party on-site auditing of a tier-one or tier-two partner if they are assessed as posing an increased risk of potentially not meeting our employment standards.
- Blundstone supports employees’ rights to be free to collectivize should they wish to, and that the collective be able to represent the employees in negotiations regarding employment conditions.
- Blundstone has access to independent third-party standards accreditations audit reports that document partner compliance and continuous improvement with regards to outcomes of their employees.
- Blundstone has Quality Inspectors present on-site in all tier-one footwear partner sites that ensures that work undertaken on our behalf is completed in line with our ESB program.
- with all partners, Blundstone has the understanding that, in all cases, people are employed in a market that values their skills, respecting employees' choice of employment, and never forcefully or wilfully stopping them from seeking other opportunities.